Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Interview with Leonardo Da Vinci Essay

The reincarnation began in Italy. date it only a affected a sm all(prenominal) amount of the population, the reincarnation of classical culture is revered today. The general composition of the renaissance is that in Ancient Greek and Roman times we were en stir upened, and then lost the light in the dark ages, and then became instruct again in the changeover of classical culture. Setting A stage with comfortable chairs, king of beastsnardo da Vinci sitting in one chair, the host in the other. legions experience to Talk Renaissance Live, Im here with king of beastsnardo da Vinci, the very definition of a Renaissance man. So enumerate the audience about yourself Leo. Can I call you Leo?Leo Um sure. come up honestly I dont know wherefore muckle like me so much, Im a noble procrastinator. And while Ive had a few successful paintings, a mound of my works were more of failed experiments. troops That is still better than most of the population. And your scientific journals stil l pee people wondering today. You had ideas, sometimes even on the job(p) ideas for things that werent even conceived for most of the population until this last century. What was it like operative for a commission?Leo It was ok, once I had plenty of apprentices. Apprentices meant I could spend more time on enquiries of the scientific nature. boniface So why was the Mona Lisa smiling the way she was?Leo Well now thats something I swore I would never tell. swarm Youre no fun, and I was wondering. Why didnt you egress and of the scientific advances you made?Leo Well it was a different world back then. I had more obedience then most people, but if Id tried to publish my scientific thoughts then I would have been laughed out of the building. Or killed.Host You mentioned having apprentices by and by in your career, how was it like being one yourself? And who were you an apprentice for?Leo Well when I was 14 I apprenticed to the man cognize as Verrocchio. He taught me many things, b oth in theoretical and pragmatical fields. Even after I qualified as a keep down artist I continued to collaborate with him, because he was a alright man.Host Thats our time, when we come back from the break Ill be sitting here with Johann Gutenberg.Host And were back, sitting with me is Johann Gutenberg. You may not know who he is, but he was essential to both the Renaissance and what followed.Johann Hello.Host How about you explain to the audience about your important contributions?Johann I brought the printing process to Europe.Host Yes, could you explain how?Johann Was able to make a printing system that could mass produce books, and have it be economically viable.Host And was it?Johann Well it was for everyone except me really. I ended up with an enormous debt and then was sued for misuse of funds.Host Thats unfortunate, did you win the court reference?Johann Of course not, and he had control of my bible printing press, and half of all bibles printed.Host And could you exp lain why the printing press was important?Johann As I understand it, it meant that books and news traveled to more people, and more quickly. It helped the Renaissance, and later facilitated the Scientific revolution.Host Wow that was an informative interview, but now we have to go to commercial break. When we come back I will be talking with our final guest.Host And were back Now as you know with the Renaissance came the appearance of humanitarianism. We have the father of humanism himself with us today, Francesco PetrarcaPetrarca Hello.Host As the father of humanism, could you explain to the audience exactly what humanism is?Petrarca Humanism is a response to the clinical scholasticism. Humanists such as myself destiny to create a society where are all citizens are suitable of engaging civic life, being eloquent of speech and pen.Host I see, what is scholasticism?Petrarca Its something that seems to be prevalent in society today, preparing people to be good jobs such as doctors or lawyers. It emphasizes learning electric razor and unimportant details for careers that relatively few will partake in.Host Asides from being the Father of Humanism what else have you done?Petrarca Im also a bit of a poet. And I came up with the conception of the Dark Ages, although that seems to have gone out of style as of late.Host Well the thought as of late is that calling it the Dark Ages is oversimplifying. It portrays the idea that humanity was briefly enlightened, and then lost its way, and then was enlightened again-Petrarca Exactly Thats exactly the point Im onerous to make.Host Well it doesnt agree with what modern historians generally think. Theyve been act to make an effort to be less Eurocentric, and to try to understand concepts of the gone without changing the facts to suite our ideas of what should have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment